Monday, March 21, 2005

What is a fate worse than death?

Having the Bush Administration decide when one lives and dies.

Today, I signed into law a bill that will allow federal courts to hear a claim by or on behalf of Terri Schiavo for violation of her rights relating to the withholding or withdrawal of food, fluids, or medical treatment necessary to sustain her life," Bush said in a statement.

Just another reason leaving the US is a good idea. Canada is too cold, although I never met a Canuk I didn't like. Perhaps Spain? Nah, then I'd really learn to hate the British -the Gibralter issue and all that. Italy? Nah, the highest appeals ruled that women wearing jeans can't be raped. Any place North of those two is just too damn cold.

My little icon to the right states that I'm in an imaginative mood. That may be, but I'm getting really very angry.

This is my public statement: Being of sound mind and body, I hereby ask anyone to pull the plug on my life support after a reasonable time of incapacitation. Allow me to define reasonable: If I am in a coma, allow 3 weeks, then pull feeding tubes and other man-made objects from my body. I cannot conceive of providing a fulfilling life to myself or to my husband if I have brain damage of any extent. I am an artist and if I cannot create, I am not living a productive life. I do not want battles over sustaining my life. Just pull the damn plugs.

2 comments:

lobow said...

Excellent, excellent, excellent! I admire your position. Very well written.

CREATIVEGoddess said...

Wow! Thanks Lobow! I guess I never expected anyone to actually read the crap I write.