Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Extinction of Big Bird: Saving NPR & PBS

I am sick to death of watching crap like OJ travel for hours in CA inside his cozy vehicle claiming not to be the killer of his ex or Michael Jackson 'getting off' the fact that he sleeps with young boys ad nauseam.

Through continued corruption, the House is threatening to eliminate all public funding for NPR and PBS, starting with "Sesame Street" to "Rick Steve's Travels Through the Back Door." I love these shows because they're not telling me how to succumb to ridiculous peer pressure, but instead remain the free-thinking individual that I am.

Through moveon.org, I've been able to tell my reps that we need publicly-funded media that will inform the public, ask hard questions, and focus on stories that affect real people.

Fortunately, MoveOn.org has reached their 400,000 signatures and now they're pushing for 500,00.

Will yours be one of them? I know mine is!

http://www.moveon.org/publicbroadcasting/

No comments: