Monday, November 27, 2006

Carolina Craftsman Guild + Boylan Heights Art Walk

Today, I broke free from the holiday festivities -actually, the inlaws went home. Decided it would be refreshing to hit a quality show of exhibiting professional artisans -Carolina Designer Craftsmen- here in Raleigh. I wanted to see more textile artists but it seemed as though they've disappeared, leaving traces of silk designers and few others.

Among the artists I did visit and find noteworthy were my friends Marina Bosetti of Bosetti Art Tile and Carol Owen, the published artist of personal shrines and altered books. You know I just had to pick up her book and have her sign it! Additionally, I remember Dory of FuturisticallyArchaic, the exceptional silver artist who has designed a neat pulley system pendant and picked up some terrific earrings.

Now, I've got to return to my own studio and continue in R&D for new products. Perhaps you'll see a few at the Boylan Heights Art Walk at which I'm exhibiting next weekend!

No comments: