Friday, November 30, 2007

Boylan Heights Art Walk - Sunday, Dec 2


It's Friday afternoon and I'm frantically checking my to-do list for my local show at Boylan on Sunday.

My friend Amy called last night to give me grief about not making it to yoga the past couple of sessions. She quickly realized that this is my busy season and Boylan was around the corner so then she decided to reveal her gracious side and volunteer to help out on the prep-work. Sure is nice to have thoughtful friends, even if their intentions are to phone me to call me names, like slacker for one.

Fortunately, I thought that I had more to do at this point, but looks like I'll be able to wrap most things up by this evening and then enjoy a glass of wine w/my favorite husband.

About noon, I emailed a PDF off to OfficeMax to have them print up about 50 2-ply order forms and when the rep called to ask a question, she also said that I'll have them a day early -yay! Also! I'm relieved to have just learned that my holiday pet cards are arriving this afternoon from the printer -yay! Big sigh. This means my pet enthusiasts will get their holiday cards for their Christmas greetings.

I had special treats made up for the pooches that stop by my booth on Sunday. Natural organic peanut butter crunch candy canes made in Vermont by a 10 year old boy who is trying to raise money to help with vet expenses for his 6 month old Border Collie puppy. When the box of peanut butter treats arrived in the mail, I wanted to eat them myself -yum!!

For more info to get your own organic treats, head to woolhandcrafts.etsy.com

About Boylan Art Walk
This weekend marks the last of our local public appearances, or any appearance for that matter at the Boylan Heights Art Walk. Be sure to get the Boylan Map in PDF and note my location change. Look for the Ping!

Now, back to work -better get those treats out of the freezer if I'm going to entice the pups to get their humans to see my work. Yoga on Tuesday is going to hurt, I can just feel it now.

5 comments:

Fr.Bob said...

Lisa those treats sound too good for doggie treats. Have a good time at Boiland.

Jeanne Rhea said...

I love that design on the left side of this entry. Is it in Christmas card form?

By the way, I hope you had a smashing show today! I know you have really been busy--with that new toy and all. ;)

CREATIVEGoddess said...

I missed you Jeanne! I wish you had stopped by, but you had the guild meeting today, right?

Jeanne Rhea said...

All of us considered coming by after our lunch, but by the time we were all served and we swapped gifts, it was after 3:30 and it was sprinkling in Apex. We figured by the time we got there that you all would probably have packed up. But by the time I got to Cary, there was no rain at all!

CREATIVEGoddess said...

Yah, the weather was quirky but fortunately, the sprinkles stopped as soon as they started. Three different times we'd look up to the sky and plead, "Not now" and it would clear up.

I can't tell you how many people were in denial about last year's show. The miserable cold and pouring rain just froze Sara and I. I guess it only rained on Boylan Avenue and not the rest of the neighborhood.