Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Exercise Resolution

Several years ago, I made resolution not to make any further resolutions. I, like everyone else, would breach the contract within days. Today, I am breaking this resolution.

Is it coincidental that for the first time in years Dick Clark won't be celebrating in Times Square with the rest of America? Nah, I don't believe in coincidence. It's because I had my Accord's radio tuned to NPR and heard that our beloved Commander in Chief had just had his annual physical exam. He works out 6x daily and gained only 6 pounds!

A few days later, I read this:

"Your business will always model your own physical and emotional health almost exactly. If you're bummed, your employees will be bummed, your customers will be bummed, and your income statement will be bummed. The key word is health. The key idea is that the health of the business follows from the health of its owners. There is no way your business will be as successful as it can be until you make your first priority your own physical and emotional health." -- Great Harvest Co-founder Pete Wakeman (from Bread and Butter)

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. However, how does this affect the current health status of the US when ‘W’ works out 6x a week, gaining only 6lbs over the last year?

How? HOW??

So, I resolve never to allow myself to holiday from exercise. If 'W' can continue pushing the US into the ground and work out daily, dammit, so can I. Aside from that, I need to get into my chinos by January.

No comments: