Saturday, August 04, 2007

Skills, Building, & Maintaining Network of Contacts

I'm a huge fan of Keith Ferrazzi and his book "Never Eat Alone." I highly recommend this book, specifically to artists who'd rather sit in the corner and create art because they fear rejection.

I'm an introvert -I'm also professionally shy. There, I said it! Yes, that's right, I'm shy. If you're an artist, chances are pretty good that you're shy as well, to a degree. Remember, being an introvert is different than being shy. Being both can be paralyzing, and that can be detrimental to your business as an entrepreneur.

Keith has created (what some call) a 'playbook' for the executive art of building a network of powerful relationships and it has helped me immensely. He's helped me shed the insecurities that prevent my personal success, he's provided scripting to parlay my shyness with my potentially affronting effervescence, and provided insight to the powerful figures of today like Bill Clinton and the Dalai Lama.

Bonus: Webcast!
Skills & Techniques for Building & Maintaining Your Network of Contacts
If you haven't bought the book but would like a little more insight, you can watch Keith's online event. This webcast reveals one of the most common mistakes people make when building relationships for career success, as well as the importance of showing your contacts that you are not only professional, but human.

Once you watch the video (watch thru to the end of the Q&A, too), you'll want the book.

Additionally, more free webcasts on Microsoft's site to boost your potential.
http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/small-business-summit/2006.mspx

No comments: