Friday, February 16, 2007

Great, but is it real?

Yesterday, Andrew received his annual Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2007 issue. Naturally, I grabbed it first just to see how my 40ish body compares to the ones laid out on each glossy page. Bleck. So, then I move onto critiquing the bathing suits, layouts, and the potentially cool airbrushing section -you know the one: the girls are nude but due to some of the skilled hands of the artists, you can't tell they're nude.
The centerfold caught my attention, and it's not what you might think. I was captivated for two reasons:

1) the oh-so-cool seam that was painted under her armpit, extending in all 4 directions where the seam should, and
2) the fabric looked real, her face and hips did not. Her face and hips looked so airbrushed that she should have been on the cover the "The Cars" album in the 80's.

My body image just increased by 20 points. :)

While the online version is difficult to see the nuiance, you'll want to take a look at the print issue.

No comments: