Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Our monthly dates

Andrew and I took some time out late this afternoon to get our toes done.

Yes folks, pedicures.

I love that Andrew comes with me since the disk between L4 & L5 vertebrae is completely AWOL, his toes have needs that I could remedy. But why should I when we can both enjoy a couples pedi together? Queasy at first and now a convert after his first experience, we have monthly dates for toes.

Once, I arrived alone and the manicurists were curious and disappointed with my solo adventure. Many women customers comment about how jealous they are that their husbands won't partake in the hedonist adventure.

One day, I will take the men out who participate on my advisory board and force them to enjoy a footbath & pedicure; they will never be the same.

2 comments:

Jeanne Rhea said...

Let me know where men can go to get pedicures and feel okay about it. DH is in the same bad back boat. So far he has managed, but I have already informed him that I will have a manicure while he has a pedicure. My fingernails are horrible from too much drywall and sculpting for past three months so it will be good for me, too. Great idea to do it together.

CREATIVEGoddess said...

There's a place off Lake Boone Trail called Excel Nails. I've been going to them for the past few years and they're great.

If you want to treat yourself (again!) after the peddis, Sushi-Thai is right next door. Yum!