Wednesday, July 18, 2007

When the Clock Strikes Midnight...

All Borders Bookstores will be jammed with frenzied Harry Potter fans to snag their book! Any of you going to be there? I might just have to drag Andrew out as this is the last of the Harry mania in any bookstore (that I can foresee).

I could just kick myself when JK Rowling came to Cary (yes, Cary!) back in 1998 for a book signing event -I had no idea who she or who Harry was! My client was all excited because she and her girls were going at midnight to get their books signed!! I thought it was some silly kid's book. Man, was I wrong!

Meanwhile, I have found all kinds of muggles who are intrigued by the life behind the brick wall and have compiled receipes and such for treats like butterbeer. Here's our list:

Madam Rosmerta's Magical Receipes...

Voldetorts, Treacle Fudge, Stuffed Toadstools...
Licorce Wands, Cauldron cakes, Mrs. Weasley's Rock Cakes...


Meanwhile, someone has come out with a book of Charmed Knit patterns from Potterland... I always wondered, why was Mrs. Weasley so industrious but a lousy designer? Keep the initials off the sweaters and they were perfectly fine!

Oh well, I've read mixed reviews on this book, but nonetheless, the styles inside are classics.

No comments: