Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Private Ideas

It looks as though I got another comment posted on Robert Glenn's Painter's Keys under the subject title: The Knowledge.

For those of you out there who don't know Robert Glenn, he writes a philosophically-based newsletter that discusses the significance of art. It's pretty easy to digest, so those who haven't fully read Socrate's Apology won't be intimidated by his [Glenn's] yarn.

His site: http://www.painterskeys.com

I just thought it was a great segment on which to comment. It's amazing how folks are perceived by others, both from a personal & objective view point. This alone has taught me many a lesson on several planes, never to judge another merely by one's scribbles. Let me just say that I hope that when I kick-off, no one goes thru my studio and decides to yank all of the pages from my notebooks and decide to have a freakin art show. If I wanted my notebooks in a show, I'd put them there!!! :D

Topic: The Knowledge
Link: http://clicks.robertgenn.com/knowledge.php

You'll find my post w/Chaser, one of my CalligraphyCats, adorning the text block.

Tell me... would you have that free n'easy feeling allowing others to take sneak peaks into your sketchbooks?

1 comment:

Jeanne Rhea said...

I wish I were good enough to sketch something that others would be able to decipher! But, if I did many sketches, I probably would not want anyone to ever see them.