Friday, April 25, 2008

Priority + Crunch Time = No Cell Phone

I'm a walking Murphy's Law, there's no doubt about it.

It never fails. Whenever I decide I need to drastically cull my projects -and in my case, before we head out of town- I get 11th hour calls to work on something completely new.

I don't have a rule book I live by, but the past few months and the past few trips, I have started to create one.

Rule 1:
Staple the damn passport to your sternum.

Rule 2:
Staple the mobile to the passport that's stapled to your sternum.

Rule 3: Stop ALL work by noon the previous day before travel; this allows one to get household chores done; this also includes packing.

So, Jim, if you're reading this: STOP TRYING TO CALL MY MOBILE! It's at home attached to my Bacchus purse.

Also, Jim, please send me an email (I am at least connected that way) so that I can send you Andrew's mobile number.

I feel so naked.

2 comments:

Jeanne Rhea said...

About stopping work early before a trip---I always try to have a full day before a trip to wrap up odds and ends. This last trip, I was stopping to mail packages on the way out of town---but at least I did not forget anything for a change. We keep a list of things we must/want to take and so it helps a lot.

CREATIVEGoddess said...

I picked up a checklist while in Vegas -it actually says, "Don't forget your phone, el stupido."