Monday, August 20, 2007

Madam's Birthday Collage

Homage to Claudine Hellmuth, I did something out of the ordinary: I made a collage for Madam, actually a shrine.




Claudine's segment on DIY's CraftLab began with a collage on canvas that included a book. I was having difficulty brainstorming on the imagery that it would take to fill 8 or so pages of the book in less than 24 hours (amongst all the other projects!), so, instead, I created a portfolio. This way, I can send her notes and she's got a handy place to put them and show them off!

The collage is mounted on canvas. Madam's face is a photo-transfer and the paper and metal elements have been collected thru the years. I think most of it is from K & Company, Me & My Big Ideas, & DCWV.

3 comments:

Jeanne Rhea said...

What a great idea! I'm sure she will cherish it. Now I just wish I had time to make something like that for my mom. Then maybe the notes and cards from all the eight kids and numerous friends would have a place and not be scattered everywhere.

CREATIVEGoddess said...

As I was writing the post, I thought this would be a fantastic idea for the holidays. Imagine having a special place to tuck the holiday cards that arrive instead of filling precious counter space?

One would have to create a larger portfolio for standard sized cards, but tucking them would certainly allow one's house to remain uncluttered during the well-wishing invasion.

Madam said...

I love it!! What a great birthday surprise! I really need to find a place of honor for it. I'm going to have to set up an "ecstewart" gallery. Everything is so unique and CREATIVE!!