Saturday, May 17, 2008

NYC: ICFF, Surtex, & NSS

Hurray! Postcards do work! I received a call from a major mfg Thursday asking to make an appointment while we walk the show this weekend. They are one of those, "Don't call us, we'll call you." Baby, I got the call!

After hours spent in front of the MAC growing my designer's rear, I was finally able to make printouts to toss into a book for appts this weekend only to sit at RDU for 4 hours waiting for our plane to arrive. Weather was bad in NYC last night and evidently, air traffic controllers are hard to come by, so we made friends with a hilarious guy from Microsoft while scoring a sandwich from Jersey Mike's next door.

This was the first time Andrew and I didn't fight over the window seat (yes, we're 12) because he happened upon a former colleague that he hadn't seen in years and we were seated next to her. Being a transplant to NYC, she gave me recommendation for a good nail salon. Yay!

After finally arriving, we decided to head to Penang for a late night dinner (sorry, Kate! but now I know it's on 72, between Amsterdam & Columbus) and enjoy our favorites.

Andrew's Bluesteel Pose at Penang



It was 12:30 by the time we got back to the room to crash. Oy.

No comments: